Shop Now

Shop Now
Click to go to the Online Stampin' Up! shop

Thursday 2 January 2014

This and that seasons of style journal

Christmas is over, 2014 is here, why am I talking about a Christmas journal? Well, I spent the first day of the new year filling in any blank spaces with happy memories!

Here is the cover I of the this and that seasons of style journal (item  132277 £9.95 ) decorated back in November
I'm not really a pockets type of girl (I like to see everything!) so I pulled out the first page and replaced it with one from further in the book. Then I added journaling, photos and embellishments to any blank spaces.
Within it I used the seasons of style range of products, the designed series paper (item 132340 £9.95), the journaling tags (item 132808 £4.50) and the washi tape (item 132155 £4.50).


I used it to record memories of our Christmas craft weekend away,
I used it as a space to record the cards I'd made this year
I added in special cards that had been created for us, 
I journaled about what had made me happy, shopping trips with friends, craft fairs.
Because of our colour coordination, I could use our card stock, ribbon, markers, ink and it all coordinated perfectly.
Oops! I've not filled in what the boys received yet...and this year I wrapped some presents in specific paper so I didn't have to label as I went along...so as well as covering the gift lists from nosey eyes back in December - it's now a record of what lovely (read Christmas tacky!!) paper I used! 
I used it to record the wrapping I'd done this year,
The commissions I'd received,
The creative ideas I'd actually got around to using.
And then it was onto Christmas Day itself
It was the first Christmas all the Freeman's were together, so I wanted to make sure I included everyone.
A recording little moments that might get forgotton,
And mainly being a record for the future for my boys when they are older!

So that was my journal - I'd used it as intended in December - it was my diary, reminder, life - guide. It contains a record of what we did in December as a family, it has lists of the cards we wrote, the cards we received, the gifts we gave. And now I will always be able to see and share what life was like at Christmas 2013.

Remember you can still order from the seasonal catalogue until 1st February, so why not record last years fun or get a head start for this year?

Much love
Katy x















No comments:

Post a Comment