Shop Now

Shop Now
Click to go to the Online Stampin' Up! shop

Saturday 10 May 2014

Hello sweet friend - six sided sampler card

I've had a lot of fun playing with this months selected stamps, it's even better because you can get a coordinating punch that takes away lots of the stress of lining up patterns and positions if you have a spacific design in mind.

For this card I wanted the stripes all facing the same way, 


Punching the hexagons out also meant that I could give the 'petals' more shape. The central part has been created using two of the stamps from the set. I love how the phrase stamps, hello sweet. Friend, thanks much and my friend fit inside not one but two or the hexagons. Look out for the other example later on in the month!

The stem and leaves come from one of my favourite sets in the 2013-2014 annual catalogue, Betsy's Blossoms (In Wood 131995  £25.95 or in clear 126006 £20.95 )

The colours I've used here are crushed curry, island indigo and Whisper white, I love the subtle effect of crushed curry ink on crushed curry card.

I'd love to know your thoughts on this card....

No comments:

Post a Comment